Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PCT Finished!!!!


Hurrah!
I just got a call, the gals finished the PCT tonight.
My daughter writes on facebook:
DONE! I'mdoneI'mdoneI'mDONE! Left Mexico 5.25 months and 2663.5 miles ago, hot Canada this morning. I'm thinking of getting myself a Segway so I don't have to walk anymore... Going to work on getting life a liitle put together (read: watching chick flicks, taking naps and showers) in Seattle for a few days, then home!
We're all looking forward to seeing her soon!

3 comments:

Waldo said...

Glad she made it all the way! I have enjoyed reading her blog. Sounds like you have raised a good kid.

Naturelady said...

just got this comment from a friend (a professor):
AMAZING! And more amazing than the miles, I think, would be the elevation she climbed. If an average day had just 1000 feet, and she hiked 15 miles/day, that's about 200,000 feet -- or from sea level up Mt. Everest, and back down, and back up -- about 6 times...

Whew, just thinking about that make me want to go take a nap...

The Solipsist said...

Congratulations!