Monday, October 5, 2009

Eldest in Munich

She made it to Munich, and even to the "tail" end of Oktoberfest!

Here's my sister (in the dirndl) and my daughter -- you can see the family resemblance. How I wish I could be there too...

This week I'm cooking German food in their honor (see Borealkitchen, my other blog).

As we were sitting around a good German meal last night, the kids were comparing notes on their visit last summer to Munich and their Tante Elke, my younger sister.

Youngest: "She's like a darker-haired version of mom, and really funny."
Me: "How's that?"

Wolfman: "She's a trickster-version of you, mom! I love how she made fun of you. Like teasing your American pronunciation of 'genau'."


Eldest is blogging about her experiences in Germany on her blog Kitchensister.

1 comment:

honeypiehorse said...

I just talked to your sister and if Kirsten has time perhaps we'll do breakfast Thursday. Pity it's such a short visit. Has she ever thought of doing a stint as an au pair? :-)