Sunday, February 14, 2010

a dozen roses for...

My son bought a dozen roses for his sweetheart today: they're white with a hint of pale peach. Very lovely!
Here's a picture of Wolfman and his sweetie.

That reminds me of Valentine's Day a long time ago, in a place far far away:
When I was about his age, we had moved to the Philippines, and I attended Brent International School in the Philippines. I was shy, barely spoke English, and had a crush on a senior. Not expecting that he'd even noticed me, I was completely surprised when I received a single red rose from him on Valentine's Day!
It absolutely blew me away -- even though he'd given roses to several girls, that did not matter -- he had noticed me!!!

Ahhh, to be young...
Thank you, Jaime, for making my Valentine's Day some 30-odd years ago! And kudos to my son, who made somebody very happy with a bouquet of roses today.