Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Education


Did I hear President Obama correctly in his speech last night? Not only does he value education, but he is calling on all Americans to value education!?! He's telling young people that a high school diploma is not enough -- you need more!
I think this is the first time I've ever heard an American president say this! What a contrast to his anti-intellectual predecessors. I love it!
The magnet above is on our frig: it is from Cafepress.com (great site!!!) right next to another favorite "Let us now pause for a moment of Science" I would love to put them on my car as bumper stickers, but I fear I'll be run off the road here in Alaska-- my Obama sticker will have to suffice for now...

Gotta run, I'm off to judge at my kid's school ScienceFair. President Obama also called on us to volunteer more -- another thing I really applaud! I love this president: he calls us to action, to personal responsibility! (And all George W. Bush could do after 9/11 is to tell us to go shopping!)
These are difficult economic times, but we have a real leader in the White House.

Isn't there a saying, "these are the worst of times, and the best of times."?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't he wonderful? I've just started reading his book too and I think I'm in love!

Kitchen Sister said...

I think it's actually the beginning of a book (Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens), not a phrase.